Beginnings

It was 1926. The roaring twenties were synonymous with the growth in popularity and sales of the automobile. Bill Graham saw an opportunity in St. Marys, and he opened the first Shell station.

Several years later, in 1949, Chum Hammond purchased a coal business which, over the years, expanded into a busy fuel business.

For many years both gentlemen were friendly competitors. Graham Oil and Hammond Fuels were known then, and still are, for friendly, dependable service.

In 1997, with similar styles of operation and commitment to customer service, the two companies merged, forming Gra Ham Energy Limited. As many of the major oil companies withdrew from the smaller markets, Gra Ham Energy was there to make sure that fuel needs of these centres continued to be met. Delivery of a full line of petroleum products to homes, farms, airports, service stations, and bulk plants continues efficiently, safely and competitively today.

1920s

headoffice